Rules of conduct
By registering for Dutch Furdance you agree you have read and understood these rules. Failing to adhere to these rules may result in expulsion from the event and in severe cases a ban from future events. Questions? Please contact us.
- Be respectful of each other.
- You are responsible and liable for any damage you may cause during the event.
- Do not harass or bother other attendees, if you have been the target of harassment or unwanted behaviour, please contact staff as soon as possible!
- Do not break or alter any of the venue’s property
- You are not allowed to bring your own food and drinks into the venue, any drinks and food that are not sold by the venue will be confiscated and result in a warning.
- Smoking within the venue is not allowed.
- Staff-only areas are off-limits for attendees.
- As the party is held in a public environment, we ask that displays of affection are kept at a minimum. A simple kiss or hug is fine.
- Weapons, weapon replicas and/or weapon lookalikes are not allowed, no matter if they are technically legal or not. We don’t want any accidents!
- A costume does not imply consent, please be respectful of suiters and make sure they are comfortable with any advances you make towards them, such as hugging. Remember, a suiter’s vision and hearing is impaired!
- Please always follow instructions given to you by the event’s staff members and security.
- The event’s organisers always have the final say.
- You must be over 18 years old at the date of the event.
- You must bring a valid ID with you, no ID means no entrance! You will be carded at the door.
- Only registered attendees are allowed within the venue.
- Tickets cannot be refunded.
- Tickets may not be resold without notifying Dutch Furdance staff. (send an email)
- Please wear your Dutch Furdance lanyard and badge at all times, as these are indicators of your valid registration.
Photos and videos
- Cameras are not allowed within the fursuit lounge.
- For the sake of pictures and videos, please make sure you keep your fursuit head on while outside of the fursuit lounge. We understand that emergencies happen, however!
- Pictures and video material will be taken during the event and may be used for the event’s website and/or for promotional purposes. By registering for the event you agree that there is a chance you may appear in these pictures/videos.
- The fursuit lounge is provided by the event as a place for fursuiters to change in and out of costume, cool off and have a drink. There is limited space so we ask that non-suiters/non-handlers stay out of the fursuit lounge. Loitering will not be tolerated.
- We offer complimentary drinks for our fursuiters. These are meant for the suiters to re-hydrate in a safe way. We ask that only suiters use the drinks, please do not take them out of the fursuit lounge, hand drinks to someone else and put empty cups in the trash bins. Let’s keep the place clean!
Drugs and alcohol
- Please drink responsibly! If staff notices you getting too intoxicated for your own good, we may cut you off and ask you to leave.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you home if you plan on drinking!
- Drugs of any kind are prohibited at this event. (Yes, that includes weed.)
- Selling illegal substances is strictly prohibited and culprits will be handed over to the police.
Clothing and decency
- Although we have no formal dress code, we expect attendees to use common sense when choosing their outfit.
- Blatant exposure of fetish gear is prohibited, even if it is part of your costume. What is or is not fetish gear will be decided by staff, no discussion.